Abbreviated Curriculum Vitae
KING'S COLLEGE LONDON
PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY, Harrisburg, PA 2013-2014
School of Behavioral Sciences and Education
Certification Program in Secondary Education: Social Studies Curriculum Development and Instruction
Post-baccalaureate certification program recognized by National Council for the Social Studies (NCSS) to teach Social Studies (history, geography, government, psychology, sociology, anthropology and/or economics) in secondary schools. Course work includes both behavioral sciences and pedagogy.
▪ Observe, assist with instructional material development, and instruct ‘Advanced Placement U.S. Government’ and ‘Tech Prep U.S. History since 1865’ courses at Lower Dauphin High School
▪ Assist with oversight of National History Honor Society meetings and activities
GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY, Washington, DC 2012
School of Continuing Studies, Certificate in Project Management
▪ Completed coursework on Project Management Fundamentals, Leading Project Teams, Planning & Controls, Risk Management, Negotiation & Conflict Management, and PM Capstone Course
▪ Coursework built on core processes found in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
▪ Certification serves as required training to sit for Project Management Professional Exam
UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH, Pittsburgh, PA 2008-2009
Graduate School of Public and International Affairs
Master of Public and International Affairs (MPIA), Human Security major
Capstone: Post-Soviet Infrastructure Development in Central Asia
▪ Alumna of the Russian Summer Language Institute at Moscow State University
▪ Independent graduate coursework/research completed in Ghana and Tanzania
DUQUESNE UNIVERSITY, Pittsburgh, PA 2003-2006
McAnulty College of Liberal Arts
Bachelor of Arts (BA), Art History major
Minors: Political Science, Sociology, and Classical History
▪ Semester at Sea (University of Virginia’s Institute for Shipboard Education)
▪ Rome Semester Abroad (Duquesne University’s Italian Campus)
▪ Tanzanian Community Development Seminar (Amizade Global Service-Learning)
▪ Presidential Merit Scholar, Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society, Golden Key Honor Society
PRECISION INTEGRATED PROGRAMS 2013-2018
Director of Strategic Studies, Precision’s Integrated division is dedicated to providing unparalleled service and support to our customers and the broader unmanned systems industry. We focus our work in direct support of unmanned programs for commercial interests, wildlife and environmental preservation efforts, humanitarian and disaster relief/emergency response organizations, and USG national defense and Homeland Security entities.
▪ Served Precision as Director of Government Relations from 2013-2016.
PEACEKEEPING AND STABILITY OPERATIONS INSTITUTE (PKSOI) 2014-2015
Visiting Junior Fellow, PKSOI is responsible for shaping U.S. government concept/doctrine development, enhancing senior leader proficiency, facilitating joint, interagency, and multinational unity of purpose and supporting planning, preparation, and execution of stability and peace operations.
▪ Work to collect data, analyze, research, and compile monograph on the effectiveness of contractor implemented foreign military training programs versus traditional USMIL delivered training
▪ Researched, wrote, and published monograph, The Evolving Contingency Contracting Market: Private Sector Self-Regulation and USG Monitoring of Stability Operations Services Procurement. January 2016.
JACK WELCH MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE AT STRAYER UNIVERSITY 2015
Graduate Teaching Assistant - Executive MBA Program, The People Management course explore two general areas of people management: hiring and positioning the right players for organizational needs; and managing people once the players are in place. Specific topics include sourcing and integrating new talent, managing strategic talent inventory, working with HR and organized labor, performance evaluations, and implementing reward systems that produce results.
Operations Specialist, Atlantean provides global services focused on security training, government capacity building, maritime protection, risk mitigation, and life support facilitation in austere environments. Atlantean was created to bring together the resources of a diverse leadership team and to leverage their combined experience in security, diplomacy, government relations, law, and business.
THE DIPLOMATIC COURIER 2012-2015
Contributing Editor, Nonpartisan global affairs magazine connecting the diplomatic and policy establishment to the next generation of leaders in diplomacy and foreign policy with readership of 20,000. Contributed online and print content for publication and review/edit article submissions.
NEW CENTURY U.S. 2010-2012
Programs Specialist/Acting Program Manager, NCUS is a recognized, international leading provider of services to governments and public sector agencies in the field of security sector reform and its associated institutionalization. We provide proven, unique subject matter expertise to enhance the building of long-term capacity.
▪ Served as Acting Program Manager for a period of 2 months while replacement PM recruitment process was under way; this period included the duration of a monitoring & evaluation trip OCONUS (September-October 2011).
▪ Formerly Compliance Specialist at New Century (November 2010-March 2011).
NATIONAL DEFENSE UNIVERSITY, CENTER FOR TECHNOLOGY & NATIONAL SECURITY POLICY (CTNSP) 2014
Researcher, Advanced Education Initiatives Internship Program
▪ The National Defense University (NDU) supports the joint warfighter by providing rigorous Joint Professional Military Education to members of the U.S. Armed Forces and select others to develop leaders that have the ability to operate and creatively think in an unpredictable and complex world.
▪ Contributed to preparation for white paper and comprehensive report authoring for the Directorate for Joint Force Development under the Joint Chiefs of Staff on Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) and their potential for higher military education and training.
ISOA: THE INTERNATIONAL STABILITY OPERATIONS ASSOCIATION 2010
[Formerly IPOA: The Association of the Stability Operations Industry]
Programs Associate, Organization promoting high operational and ethical standards of firms active in the contingency contracting and peacekeeping/stability operations industries
▪ Managed and directed IPOA membership/public programming, including the Annual Summit of the
Stability Operations Industry, conferences, roundtables, and networking events
▪ Oversaw planning and logistics for the Annual Summit of the Stability Operations Industry; conducted budgetary monitoring for the $225K event
▪ Supported multilateral effort to create global code of conduct for private security companies
▪ Executed research projects in coordination with the President, Director, and Research Portfolio
▪ Contributed to weekly e-update regarding peacekeeping developments across the African continent
▪ Grew relationships with 65+ member organizations and reported relevant external event participation
PittMAP, UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH STUDY ABROAD OFFICE 2009-2010
On-Site Coordinator, Multi-regional/multi-site international educational program operating in Argentina (Buenos Aires), South Africa (Cape Town), and China (Beijing)
▪ Executed pre-travel preparation and orientation and directed site-to-site travel logistics
▪ Acted as on-site Resident Advisor following University dictated student life policies and procedures
▪ Provided logistical support and academic guidance for students
▪ Managed medical emergencies and assumed responsibility for risk and crisis management
▪ Provided administrative and logistical support to on-site and remote (internet-based) faculty members
▪ Functioned as university liaison within and between university sites on four continents
▪ Maintained relationships and managed communications/planning with third-party providers
▪ Facilitated and directed cultural and educational site visits and excursions
▪ Installed program and staff infrastructure for upcoming Global Health curriculum
NATIONAL CYBER FORENSICS & TRAINING ALLIANCE (NCFTA) 2009
Analyst, Collaborative venue where industry, law enforcement, and academia analyze cyber threats
▪ Conducted open-source research to identify cyber-based threats to critical infrastructure at six high value international sites for major oil and gas industry partner
▪ Developed and extended resource materials for dissemination via law enforcement listserv designed to share information about identified high-risk actors
▪ Participated in briefings for senior law enforcement officials and industry executives
▪ Patrolled underground forums to identify potential malicious actors and infrastructure
▪ Supported initiatives under the supervision of the Federal Bureau of Investigation
AMIZADE GLOBAL SERVICE-LEARNING 2008-2009
Administrative Coordinator & On-Site Facilitator, NPO providing opportunities for international service-learning and educational exchange experiences in districts of developing countries
▪ Supported Board development projects and networking with similarly minded organizations to increase organizational visibility, including partnering organizations at fourteen sites in nine countries
▪ Designed research model to measure the effectiveness of partnering with community level organizations; completed grounded-theory research to appraise support of service-learning programs
▪ Reviewed outgoing correspondence for clarity, consistency, completeness, and compliance with organizational policy and served as an information resource on the status of ongoing projects
▪ Organized and hosted a national Institute for Global Service-Learning for over one hundred attendees
Kayanga, Tanzania 2009
▪ Supervised and facilitated a service-learning course for undergraduate students
▪ Oversaw undergraduate students’ data collection via field interviews regarding women’s knowledge about women’s rights and common experiences with domestic violence and malnutrition
▪ Conducted research in Karagwe district of Tanzania to ascertain the frequency of domestic violence
▪ Installed water harvesting systems at high-risk households to prevent the contraction of water-borne diseases sourced from open water-gathering sites
▪ Worked with local civil society organizations to promote community investment in human capital
Jukwa, Ghana 2009
▪ Designed and executed data collection for scholarly product regarding water accessibility and its impact on domestic violence, including field interviews in central Ghana investigating water usage patterns, incidence of water-borne illnesses, treatment patterns, and availability of relevant medical care
▪ Conducted evaluation of caseload, recorded ailment prevalence, and treatment/volume capabilities of local health clinic
PEACE OPERATIONS TRAINING INSTITUTE (POTI) 2017
The Peace Operations Training Institute is dedicated to providing globally accessible and affordable distance learning courses on peace support, humanitarian relief, and security operations to men and women working to promote peace worldwide. Certifications sponsored by USAWC PKSOI.
PENNSYLVANIA DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION 2014
Professional Certificate, Instructional I Social Studies 7-12
▪ Certified Social Studies content area instructor for grades 7-12 in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
▪ Licensure valid until December 2020
ADVANCED PLACEMENT/COLLEGE BOARD 2014
AP Annual Conference 2014. 9-13 July 2014. Philadelphia, PA.
▪ Received certification for 6.0 contact hours for Art History: New & Experienced seminar
▪ Received certification for 6.0 contact hours for Government & Politics U.S. – New Teachers seminar
Awards & Recognitions